Early in August 2019, I stumble on this invitation to #DevCTrainingWithAndela – a collaboration between Facebook Developer Team and Andella.
After application, I was selected to participate in the selection assessment and I finally made it into the program.
A few of my friends have asked me, why are you applying to learn web programming when you are already one?
My response is summarize below and incidentally they are also my motivation for joining #DevCTrainingWithAndela.
To be successful in the modern world, you need to be good at learning. Whether success, for you, means being successful in your career, your studies, or your hobbies – at work, at home or in your community – you need to want to learn – commit to learning – and know how to learn.
And learning doesn’t just mean acquiring new knowledge. It’s also about developing your skills, your attitudes, values, and your way of being in the world.
To be successful today – in a world that is constantly changing – you need to be continuously adapting, growing and improving yourself. In other words, everyone needs to become a self-directed lifelong learner.
As a recap, here are the reason why I am joining the program.
- The day we stop learning is the day we die
- I have master front-end development but I’m still a rookie back-end developer
- I want to learn how to develop web App for my clients and my business
- I want to take advantage of the network opportunity to build relationship with other developers
- I want to level up my skills
- I want to improve my income through the skills I learn in the program
- Being a good learner is good for your health:
Follow my activities on this program by joining my Facebook community at Health2Wealth Africa.