The garbage that is in our heads telling any kind of negative or dis empowering thought is exactly what I called it, garbage.
Now I could give you all the prospecting, recruiting, and lead generation trainings and tips I could possibly think and I have through this blog. However, what good is all that if you have head trash that’s telling you, ” its a scam, no one will listen to you, you don’t want to have the rejection again just be quiet, don’t talk to that person you’ll get hurt, etc.”
That stuff doesn’t feel good and we need to DETOX it out of our mental system.
You have to get your mind to the point of, “what would you attempt if you knew you could not fail!?” There is no such thing as failure in network marketing, its just that people quit. Did you know that 90% of people who stay in MLM for 10 years are million dollar earners? The system works but will your mind allow it to work? I learned a powerful tactic for psychological detox from the famous Jerry Clark.
I’ve done several mental fasts in the past and I am always grateful for them. I usually forget that I am on one when its over lol. I recommend doing this for 30 days to completely get detoxed. If this seems like too much of a shock to how you currently live, try for 7 days if you want things to be different, just see if you can do it, I challenge you.
8 Steps to Fast Mental Detox
- Read – Bible, Think and Grow Rich, 1st year in network marketing. Just positive empowering things. Stay away from Novels, love stories, and stuff like that for this fast.
- Bye Bye T.V. – Watch the superbowl of course. Otherwise turn off the electronic income reducer. Did you know for ever 1 hour of negative media we put into ourselves it takes about 16 hours of positive messages to equalize that out!?
- Bye Bye Radio – Replace talk or music with positive audios from guys like George Zalucki, Go for No, Jerry Clark, Zig Zigglar, Tony Robbins, Your Pastor’s Sunday message.
- Bye Bye Newspaper – Don’t worry if something really important happens someone will tell you about it. I haven’t read the newspaper in years and I do just fine.
- Associate with People – If you pick your 10 closest friends and rate them from 1 to 10 on how happy, successful, and live a perfect life they have. Well you are the average of the people you associate most with. After doing this exercise think about who are higher on that list and you’ll want to spend more time around that person.
- Tons of Water – Do your best to cut out sodas, caffeine, and other stuff you know is not good for you. Drink tons of water because it will bring in excess nutrients and detox that bad stuff that’s in there. Plus you’ll feel great, always a bonus.
- Exercise – Even if your getting in just a quick run, do something every day to get your blood going and get yourself feeling good. Exercising releases endorphins into your mind that make you feel good.
- Reflection – At the end of every day take 15 – 20 minutes to be alone, just be still somewhere, and reflect on the day. This period is not to condemn yourself and get down on yourself in anyway. It is simply to be still, be thankful for the day, focus on what you did accomplish and what you did to move close to your goals. If you are feeling guilty at this point, you may have to have some personal checks or talk with your upline.
You can have all the technical knowledge in the world but what good is all of that if how you feel about you and what your doing is covered in dirty garbage. Start your mental detox and start having the mind of a leader.
Over to you, what have you done to help you clear mental trash?
P.S. If your on this blog your looking to things to the next level and if your looking for personal coaching reach out to me at [email protected] with the subject line “Coaching.”