The number of people becoming Health and wellness entrepreneur is growing rapidly. Why become a Health and wellness entrepreneur?
The healthcare industry covers medicine (medical practices), pharmacy (drug manufacturing et al), medical equipment manufacturing and research institutes, amongst others.
In essence, any entrepreneur who is interested in this industry can comfortably settle for any of the options listed earlier. One of the good things about this industry is the point that one smiles to the bank whilst saving lives as it were.
The reason why the healthcare industry is highly supervised and regulated is simply because of the devastating effect of quack medical practitioners, fake drugs or drug abuse. As a matter of fact, there are several universal laws and regulations that govern the patenting, testing, safety, efficacy and marketing of drugs.
For example; in the United States, new pharmaceutical products must be approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as being both safe and effective before they can be allowed to go into the market.
For instance; the pharmaceutical industry is known for developing, producing, and marketing medicine (drugs) or pharmaceuticals that are used as medications.
Retail pharmacy business are known to be involved in the sale (retailing) of generic or brand medications, some big pharmaceutical stores engage in the sale of medical devices as well.
If you do not have an inkling about the type of health related business to start, then you can find respite here as you read along.
There are many types of wellness business that suit different people. It really depends on your interests and skills, but also your desired lifestyle.
For example, do you want to be location independent? If so, you’ll want to look for a business that lets you work online, so you don’t need to be in a physical location.
Do you want to work with clients 1:1 or in groups, or not at all?
Do you want to write books, or create courses, or teach classes?
Do you want to create a physical product to sell?
Knowing YOUR interests is the first step to choosing the best health and wellness business to start.
As business development manager, I have worked with scores of wellness entrepreneurs and network marketers about they’ve built successful businesses.
These wellpreneurs range from health coaches to personal trainers to yoga teachers to authors to retreat planners to natural skincare brands.
There are so many ways that you can create a job you love in the health and wellness industry.
Here is 100 Best Health & Wellness Entrepreneur Business ideas for 2018 to get you started, categorized by nature of business.
Retail Business for Wellness Entrepreneur
1. Selling Anti-aging Products: The desire to look and feel young is very strong amongst people nowadays. Most women and even men want to look younger than their age and would spare no cost in buying any product or devices that can help them maintain a youthful look.
2. Start a Retail Pharmacy Business
Retail pharmacy business is one of the thriving and profitable businesses in the healthcare industry. Any health and wellness entrepreneur (investor) who has plan of starting his or her own retail pharmacy business must comply with the Regulations of Retail Pharmacy Businesses.
Anyone who wants to establish a retail pharmacy business must follow the regulations that guide the sourcing, storage, sale, supply and keeping of records, in respect of medicinal products. Other requirements that they are expected to comply with are requirements that relates to staff, premises, equipment and procedures are also stipulated.
3. Go into the Retailing of Medical Equipment
If you don’t have the financial capacity to go into the manufacturing of medical equipment but are interested in the industry, then your best bet is to go into the retailing and supply of medical equipment. It is equally a profitable and thriving business that an entrepreneur who is interested in the healthcare industry should consider beginning.
Just ensure that you go around your city or your target area to inform hospitals about the kind of business you do. If you are aggressive in marketing, you can indeed make cool bucks from retailing medical equipment.
4. Workout Gear Sales: Another great business idea to consider is selling workout gear and equipment to gym owners and individuals who would love to own their own workout gear rather than depend on a public gym each time they need to use some workout equipment.
5. Dietary Supplement Sales: Dietary supplements are also popular. You can make a lot of money selling these offline or online. You can also set up a mobile dietary supplement sales business. If there’s a dietary supplement which has personally helped you to achieve your health and wellness goals, you might be able to sell it to others as well. Each company has their own way of handling this, from a multi-level marketing approach, to being a reseller or distributor.
6. Start Retailing Eye Glass Frames
You don’t necessarily need to run an eye clinic before you can retail eye glasses frames. So, if you are interested in making money from the healthcare industry, then one of your opportunities is to go into the retailing of eye glasses frames. You don’t need any special certification or business license to run this type of business and as a matter of fact, it is a business that a serious minded entrepreneur can start with minimal start – up capital. In essence you can start small and grow the business with time.
7. Start Retailing First Aid Box
In some countries, it is mandatory for public buildings and offices to have first aid box stationed within the facility. First aid box is an essential item that must not only be in our offices, but also our homes simply because of its importance.
As a matter of fact, a first aid box has the potential to save lives during medical emergencies or accidents. Hence, if you are looking for a cool way to make bucks from the healthcare industry, one of your options is to go into the retailing of first aid boxes. This type of business is simple to start and it is profitable and thriving but you must go all out there to market it.
8. Start Retailing Wheelchairs and Crutches
If you don’t have the financial capacity to go into the manufacturing of wheelchairs and crutches, then you can start retailing them. It is a cool way of making money in the healthcare sector. At least you would not need a special license or certification before you can launch this type of business.
Please note that the ideal location for this type of business is a place that is close to an orthopedic hospital. You can as well take advantage of the internet to open an online store for your business; that is one of the easiest means of reaching out to a wide range of customers.
9. Start Retailing Orthopedic Mattresses (Beds)
Another business that an entrepreneur who is interested in making money from the healthcare industry should consider starting is retailing of orthopedic mattresses (beds). If you don’t have the financial capacity to go into the manufacturing of orthopedic mattresses (beds), then your best bet is to start retailing them. It is a business that does not require any special certification or license before it can be launched.
Just ensure that you choose a location that is visible and perhaps a location that is close to an orthopedic hospital to rent a store for this type of business. You can as well take advantage of the internet to open an online store for your business; that is one of the easiest means of reaching out to a wide range of customers.
10. Start Retailing Herbal Medicines
Another easy to establish business to start in the healthcare industry is to start retailing herbal medicines. It is a thriving and profitable business to start and you may need a license to successfully retail herbal medicines.
As a result, if you are looking for a simple business to start in the healthcare sector, then one of the options available to you is to go into the retailing of herbal drugs.
As a matter of fact in some quarters, people feel that herbal medicines are safer because they believe it is organic and it does not have any side effect.
11. Go into the Sale of Ambulances
Another rewarding business that an entrepreneur who is interested in starting a business in the healthcare industry should consider starting is to go into the sale of Ambulance. No doubt this is not the type of business that you should expect sales on a daily basis, but one thing is certain, it is a business that is less competitive and a business that you are sure of generating huge returns from just the sale of one ambulance.
It is important to state that this type of business is capital intensive. Aside from the vehicle that will be used for the ambulance, other medical equipment that is expected to be present in an ambulance is not cheap by any standard. For example oxygen machine is not cheap.
12. Workout Clothing Sales: Workout enthusiasts always need new clothing to support their practice – and you could provide it! Selling of workout and sports clothing especially for specialized workouts like Yoga and Zumba is also lucrative. You can design your own line of workout clothing or become a retailer if you are unable to afford the resources to become a workout clothing line owner.
13. Weight loss Product Sales: You can sell weight loss teas, tablets, coffees and herbal weight loss products that are very effective for weight management.
14. Sell Brain Supplements: The brain is one of the most important organs in the human body and many people understand the importance of caring for their brain health. You can set up a business that specializes in selling brain supplements online or offline.
15. Essential Oils: Essential Oils are hugely popular to support natural health. You can join a popular essential oil company and sell these oils either as your full business, or as a complement to your other health and wellness work. Selling essential oils is especially popular for health and wellness coaches and massage therapists.
16. Workout GEAR (yoga, cross-fit, cycling etc.): Similar to workout clothing above, there’s always a need for more specialized or better quality gear to support our health and fitness habits. You could choose to sell an existing brand’s product, or you could manufacture and sell your own workout gear.
17. Healthy Food Products: From breakfast bars to shakes, chia seeds to teas, wellness enthusiasts are always looking for new healthy food products! You could either sell an existing product, or manufacture your own!
18. Natural Beauty Products: Once you’ve read an ingredient label and realized how much chemical junk goes into our beauty products, you’ll want to go natural – and your clients will too! You can either sell existing natural beauty products, or manufacture your own.
19. Healthy Cooking Kitchen Products: People who love to cook, often also love healthy cooking gadgets and food products. Do you have a product that can make preparing healthy meals easier, quicker or cheaper? You could sell an existing product or manufacture one of your own!
20. Medical Scrubs & Uniform Retailer: Medical uniforms are required in hospitals all around the world. Nurses and doctors are required to wear medical uniforms, scrubs, in doctor’s offices and hospitals all around the world. This opens up a great opportunity to become a medical scrubs and uniform retailer.
Facility Care Center & Services
21. Hospital /Medical Centre
Some of the first business options that readily come to mind when it comes to starting a business in the healthcare industry is to open a hospital. No doubt hospitals play vital roles in the healthcare industry simply almost everything in the healthcare sector revolves around hospital.
For instance; medical equipment are manufactured to be used in hospitals and drugs are manufactured and administered or retailed based on doctor’s prescriptions which is obviously from the hospital. So, if you are looking for a highly thriving business to start in the healthcare industry, then one of your top options is to start open a hospital / clinic / health center. Although non – doctors can open a hospital, but in some countries you must be a doctor or you must have a doctor in your board of directors before you can be allowed to open a hospital.
22. Open a Maternity Center
In rural community most especially, there are loads of pregnant women who cannot afford standard hospital for the delivery of their children- which is why they opt for maternity centers or enroll under a midwife / Duala.
So, if you are midwife and you are interested in starting a business in the healthcare industry, then one of your options is to open a maternity center; a rural area might be the most thriving location for this type of business.
It is important that you would need a license from the required medical regulatory authority before you can legally operate a private maternity center in your country.
23. Open a Dental Clinic
If you are a dentist and you are interested in starting a business in the healthcare industry, one of the most preferred options is to open a dental clinic. With minimal startup capital you can successfully launch your own dental clinic.
Before choosing a location for your dental clinic, ensure that you carry out thorough market survey and feasibility studies. It will pay you to locate your dental clinic in a location where you will attract people that can pay for your services. The truth is that this type of business is profitable especially if you choose an ideal location for it.
24. Open an Eye Clinic
If you are an optician and you are interested in starting a business in the healthcare industry, one of the most preferred options is to open an eye clinic.
This type of business is highly profitable and thriving especially if you partner with hospitals around you. It is the norm for hospitals to refer patients with eye issues to eye clinics.
So, if you are interested in starting this type of business ensure that you are well positioned and you network with hospitals around you. Of course if you are running an eye clinic you are expected to retail eye glasses frames, eyes related drugs (eye drops et al), and contact lenses. You can actually make cool cash from retailing these stuffs.
25. Start a Medical Waste Disposal Business
Medical waste disposal business is yet another thriving and profitable business in the healthcare sector that an entrepreneur who is interested in starting a business can consider. Medical waste disposal business is niche in the cleaning industry and it requires some level of professionalism.
So if you are in the cleaning industry and you want to expand your business offering, then one of your options is to start a medical waste disposal business. One good thing about this type of business is that you can handle numerous hospitals at the same time. All you need to do is to arrange an effective pick – up time.
26. Start a Medical Cleaning Business
Another simple business to start in the healthcare industry is to start a medical cleaning business. Of course there are cleaning companies that handle the cleaning of health facilities; they are trained to do so simply because of the hazard associated with cleaning health facilities.
So if you are interested in starting a business in the healthcare industry, then one of your options is to start a medical cleaning business.
27. Open a Medical Lab and Diagnostic Center
If you are a lab scientist and you are looking towards starting a business in the healthcare industry, then one of your best bet is to open a medical lab and diagnostic center. It is normal for hospitals to refer patients to go conduct certain medical tests in medical labs and diagnostic centers outside.
It is indeed a thriving and profitable business to engage in. Just ensure that you locate your medical lab and diagnostic center close to a busy hospital and also network with hospitals around you. This is important because it is normal for hospitals to refer patients to go to medical labs and diagnostic centers to conduct some medical tests that they can’t do within their medical facility.
28. Open a Dermatological Center (Skincare Center)
If you are trained and qualified dermatologist, you need not look far before setting up a business in the healthcare industry; because opening a dermatological center (skincare center) should come natural to you. It is a thriving and profitable business that is exclusively reserved for trained and qualified dermatologists.
Of course the competition for this type of business is on the low end; hence if you are able to successfully launch this type of business you are likely going to attract loads of clients because there is the possibility that your dermatological center might be the only one in your location.
29. Open a Fertility Clinic/IVF Center
In recent times, it is common to find couples struggling to conceive due to one reason or the other. Fertility clinics are places where people who have challenges conceiving enroll for treatment. No doubt fertility clinics can be expensive, but people who truly want children usually would go all the way to foot the medical bills.
So, if you are looking for a business to start in the healthcare industry, a business that is thriving and profitable, then one of your options is to open a fertility clinic. The truth is that if on the average patients who pay for your services get what they are looking for; it will make it easier for you to attract more clients.
30. Start a Pediatric Clinic
If you are a qualified pediatrician and are interested in starting a business in the healthcare industry, then one of your best options is to open a pediatric clinic. Of course it is a capital intensive project to build a pediatric clinic, but the truth remains that it is indeed a profitable venture especially if you conduct a thorough feasibility studies and market survey before choosing a location for your pediatric clinic.
As a matter of fact, parents prefer taking their kids to pediatric clinic as against general hospital because they know that they are likely going to get the best treatment for their kids.
31. Start A Nursing Agency
Another thriving and profitable business that a medical professional preferably a qualified nurse who is interested in starting a business in the healthcare sector should consider starting is to go into elderly care business. It is a business that takes care of the elderly and of course there will always be the aged amongst, us who would need this type of services from time to time.
So, if you are thinking of starting this type of business, then it will pay you to conduct a thorough feasibility studies and market survey before choosing a location for this type of business. Demography matters a lot when it comes to position this type of business. Of course an estate with populated with retirees and aging people are most suitable for this type of business.
32. Start a Psychiatric Hospital
Due to one reason or the other, some people lose their minds hence the need for professionals who will take care of them. If you are a trained psychiatric doctor and are interested in starting a business of your own, then one of your options is to start a psychiatric hospital. A psychiatric hospital is a place where people with mental illness are treated and taken care of.
Although, this type of business is capital and intensive and it requires permits and license from the department of public health, but it is a profitable business venture. You will be amazed to see the high patronage you will enjoy if you open a psychiatric hospital or a psychiatric home as the case may be.
33. Start a Health Management Organization (HMO)
Health management organization (HMO) is yet another thriving and profitable business that an investor who is interested in investing in the healthcare sector should consider starting.
Health management organization (HMO) as the name applies serves as intermediary between individuals / organizations and hospitals. They market health plans to people who are interested in paying upfront for medical treatments for themselves and their family members.
So, if you are looking towards starting a business in the healthcare industry, then one of your options is to start a health management organization (HMO).
34. Open a Veterinary Clinic
Another thriving and profitable business in the healthcare sector that a health and wellness entrepreneur who is interested in starting a business in the healthcare sector should consider starting is to open a veterinary clinic.
As a matter of fact, if you are a veterinary doctor, this is the most suitable business that you can successfully start. Just ensure that you locate your vet clinic close to a place where there are loads of pet owners, animal farms and cattle ranches et al. These are your target market and it is wise to take your business to your market.
You would be amazed at the high percentage of clients that you can attract if you have your business well positioned. Furthermore, it is needful that you have the best and qualified hands on ground at all times.
35. Start a Medical Marijuana Business
Another profitable and thriving business that a health and wellness entrepreneur who is interested in making money from the healthcare industry should consider starting is medical marijuana business.
It is a business that does not require special certifications before you can start it however you will need a business license and permit from the government of your country especially if you live in the United States of America.
So if you are looking towards starting a business in the healthcare sector, then one of your options is to start a medical marijuana business.
36. Start an Air Ambulance Company
One interesting and unique business that is only open to high end investors due to the high startup capital required to set up the business is an air ambulance company.
Air ambulance services involve transporting patients who are traveling from one country to another or from city to another for medical treatment. In most cases it is usually during medical emergencies that these services are required.
So, if you are a big time investor, and are interested in starting a business in the healthcare industry, then one of your options is to start an air ambulance company. Of course your target market is the cream of the crop in the society who can not only afford expensive overseas treatments, but can also afford to chatter an air ambulance.
37. Cosmetic Surgeon: You can offer Botox injections, facelifts, vitamin injections and other services that help to reverse the effects of aging and restore confidence in people who are unsatisfied with their looks.
38. Zumba Classes: Zumba is a popular dance workout and many people love it because it is a fun way to workout. You can set up a studio that specializes in offering Zumba classes to interested people.
39. Start a Spin Class: Spin classes very well may be one of the most intensive aerobic workouts you’ll ever encounter. If you think you’ve got what it takes to guide individuals through those workouts, here too you’ll need to take on a bit of training.
Just like Zumba, Spinning is a recognizable brand in and of itself. The company offers an intensive training program and support base if you’re keen on joining its growing global community of 200,000 instructors.
40. Physical Therapist: People who have been in accidents, sustained injuries or aged people who have challenges with their bones often need the services of physical therapists to help them revive their bone muscles and make use of their limbs, hands and bodies effectively again.
You may need specialized training and certifications to be able to set up a physical therapy business however.
41. Spin Classes: Just like Zumba studios, you can set up a spin class studio for people who love spinning exercises.
42. Powerlifting Gym: A lot of people love power-lifting exercises as it helps them build muscles. You can set up a gym that specially caters to the need of power lifters.
43. Yoga Studio: The relaxation and inspirational powers of Yoga are undeniable and the evidence is in the millions of people who have embraced Yoga as their favorite workout.
You can never go wrong with setting up a good Yoga studio in the right location.
44. Dance Studio: Dancing is a very good and interesting way to workout. You can set up a dancing studio for dance workouts and also teach people how to dance.
45. Wellness Clinic: Another lucrative business idea is to set up a clinic that offers wellness services such as stress management, depression management and other specialized treatment programs. You may need specialized certifications for this business.
46. Natural Beauty Stores: The growing desire for organic and natural products doesn’t stop with food; a lot of people are also embracing organic beauty products such as soaps, creams and other grooming products.
You can make a lot of money from selling such products either online or in a physical store.
47. Herbal Fertility Clinic: Herbal products are known to be very effective for managing infertility issues. If you have the knowledge and skills, you can set up a fertility clinic that uses only herbal products.
48. Retreat Center: Retreats are becoming more and more popular! If you create a retreat center in a location that you love, you can invite other health and wellness entrepreneurs to run their own retreats at your center.
49. Juice Bar: Juice bars have gone mainstream, although that means there’s more competition for them as well. You could setup a juice bar in a physical location, or consider franchising with an existing brand.
50. Healthy Restaurant or Cafe: Starting a healthy restaurant is a continually popular idea for health and wellness entrepreneurs.
Of course, having experience in the restaurant industry will help here, plus you’ll need money up-front to rent your space, fit it out, and get all the food and equipment needed for a restaurant!
51. Develop a Health and Wellness APP/Software: There are a lot of mobile apps and computer software that either teaches people how to maintain optimum health or help them monitor their health such as blood sugar monitoring apps, ovulation and fertility monitoring apps etc.
You could create an app for nutrition, fitness, healthy habits, quantified-self, buying guides, corporate wellness, connection with other health-minded people and more. Such app and software developers make a lot of money from advert placements or subscriptions.
52. Software to support Wellpreneurs: As the wellness industry grows, so do the needs of wellness practitioners. Consider creating a software product to support wellpreneurs in growing their businesses – for example, software for working with coaching clients, managing an email list, or creating amazing meal plans are just a few ideas.
53. Develop and Sell Medical Related Software Applications
Developing and selling of medical related software applications is yet another trendy and profitable business that an entrepreneur who is a software programmer can successfully start.
There are several software applications that you can develop for hospitals. As a matter of fact it is common these days to find tailored software applications in hospitals.
So, if you are starting this type of business, then you should be all out to market your product to hospitals, Eye clinics, dentist clinic and medical laboratories around you.
54. Write a Book or Informational Product on Health and Wellness: You can write an eBook or other informational products on hot wellness topics and sell them online.
55. Start Publishing Medical Magazines and Journals
Another interesting business that an entrepreneur who is interested in making money in the healthcare sector should consider starting is to start publishing medical magazines and journals.
Just like blogging, if you have useful and helpful contents in your magazines and your magazine is wide reaching, then you will surely attract good advertising deals from stakeholders in the healthcare industry and also from other industry. Just ensure that every edition of your magazine is fresh, and helpful in order to continue to increase the numbers of copies sold per editions.
56. Health Plus Wellness Podcast: If you love to interview people and don’t mind the sound of your own voice, consider starting a health and wellness podcast. While the podcast alone doesn’t generate revenue, once you have an established audience you can sell sponsorships or advertising, recommend affiliate products, or even sell your own products and services through your podcast.
57. Start Health Related Program on Television
If you are a doctor, a pharmacist, a wellness coach or a professional in the medical field, who is looking to start a simple business in the healthcare industry, one of your options is to start a health related program on television.
No doubt there are loads of people out there who would always tune in the watch health related programs on TV. The truth is that if the program is well packaged, you wouldn’t find it difficult to secure lucrative sponsorship deals from corporate organizations and stakeholders in the healthcare industry.
58. Start Health Talk Show on Radio
Another business in the healthcare sector that is similar to starting a health related program on television is to start a health related talk show on radio. It is a fact that radio enjoys more patronages than television and also it is cheaper to air a program on radio versus television.
So, if you are considering starting a simple business in the healthcare industry, then one of your options is to start a health talk show on radio. The truth is that if the program is well packaged, you wouldn’t find it difficult to secure lucrative sponsorship deals from corporate organizations and stakeholders in the healthcare industry.
59. Start Blogging on Health Related Issues
It is interesting to note that there are loads of people out there who are making millions annually through blogging. If you have a medical professional or someone who has sound knowledge in the healthcare sector, one of the businesses that you can consider starting is to start blogging on healthcare related subjects. The internet is one of the most important sources of information for people these days.
You can make money from offering fitness and wellness tips and advice, selling informational products on your blog and earning affiliate commission and advertisement income. You can also choose to create specialized health and wellness blogs for special diets such as Ketogenic diets, Warrior diets or any of the trending diet and wellness programs out there.
60. Start Retailing Medical Books
If you have family members and friends who are in medical schools or who are now doctors, you will quite agree that they sometime complain about the high cost of medical books. The irony of it is that they must purchase the required medical books, if they intend graduating from medical schools. This goes to show that there is a huge market for medical books.
So, if you are looking for a cool means of making money from the healthcare industry, then one of your options is to go into the retailing of medical books. Good enough you don’t need any special license or certification to start this type of business; because the business is open to all and sundry. Just ensure that you position your shop close to a medical college and you also retail both new and used medical books. This is important because those who can’t afford new medical books will have the option of buying used ones.
61. Personal Trainer: Not everyone loves to workout in a public gym. There are a lot of people who prefer to have a personal trainer come to their home to help them workout instead. With some strategic marketing and referrals from satisfied clients, you can get a lot of clients and make good money from this business.
62. Running or Walking Club: You can make money from setting up a subscription service for people who would be interested in joining a running or walking club for fitness purposes.
63. Organize Wellness Retreats and Events: You can make a lot of money from organizing wellness retreats and events where people can relax, rejuvenate and learn important tips and techniques to stay healthy and stress-free.
You can offer this service to private clientele or to corporate organizations who could offer this to their employees as motivational gifts.
64. Open a Massage Therapy Center
Another profitable and thriving business venture that an entrepreneur who is interested in making money from the healthcare industry should consider starting is to open a massage therapy center. If you live in the city- especially a city that is notable for high commercial activities and vehicular traffic, then you will quite agree that it is easier for people to be stressed out. One of the ways of taking off stress is massaging.
No doubt massage therapy centers are known to be very busy in busy cities. Hence, if you are thinking towards opening your own massage therapy center, then it will pay you to locate it in a busy city and in a location where people can comfortably pay for your services. This is important because the average person out there consider it a luxury to visit a massage therapy center. You could also set up a mobile spa and take your services to people instead.
65. Start Selling Medical Health Insurance Cover
An added thriving and profitable business venture that a health and wellness entrepreneur can engage in is the sale of medical health insurance cover. There is a pretty large market for medical insurance and if you are hardworking and determine you will rake in enough commissions from the sale of medical insurance cover to interested people.
It is a business that you can successfully start with little or no start – up capital and one good thing about this type of business is that you don’t need any special qualifications before you can start selling medical insurance policy cover. All you need are the sales and marketing skills and also customer services skills.
66. Start a Non-Emergency Medical Transportation Services (Private Ambulance Services)
Non – emergency medical transportation services or ambulance services as it is popularly called is yet another thriving and profitable business that an entrepreneur who is interested in making money from the healthcare industry should consider starting.
There is a huge market for this type of services simply because there are loads of sick people out there who cannot transport themselves to hospital hence the need for private ambulance services. People who are paralyzed, down with stroke, on a wheel chair and too frail to move are some of the people that need this services. Hence, if you are looking towards starting a business in the healthcare sector, then one of your options is to start a non – emergency medical transportation services or ambulance services.
67. Start a Medical Coding Business
Another interesting, thriving and profitable business that an entrepreneur who is interested in starting a business in the healthcare industry can successfully start is a medical coding business. If you are good with computers and programming, you can successfully start a medical coding business for hospitals, medical labs, diagnostic centers and medical centers et al.
Your basic task is simply to work with Doctors and medical directors to encode documents for the purpose of proper insurance filing. You may consider getting some training in the computer field. This is so that you can be vast in the trade that you want to delve into.
68. Health and Wellness Coach: You can become a personal health and wellness coach who offers certain services like depression and anxiety management, phobia management, stress management and so on. You don’t have to set up a clinic for this if you cannot afford to.
69. Corporate Wellness Coach: Many organizations are embracing wellness programs as a way to motivate and reward their employees. You can set up as business that offers corporate wellness services to interested organizations.
70. Start Organizing Health and Medical Fairs
There are loads of players in the healthcare value chain who are looking for platforms to showcase and market their services to their target market. One of such platforms is the health and medical fairs; a place where entrepreneurs and organizations in the healthcare industry can attend to promote and market their goods and services.
So, if you are good at organizing events and you are interested in starting a business in the healthcare industry, then one of your options is to start organizing health and medical fairs. You can organize this event at a city level, state level, national level and international level. The truth is that, if the medical fair is well organized, you will sure attract not just startups in the healthcare industry, but also major players in the healthcare industry.
71. Acupuncturist: Acupuncture has been proven to be effective against depression, anxiety, stress and other ailments. Setting up an acupuncture clinic is another great business idea that you can explore.
72. Weight loss Coach: This is one business with a very huge demand. A lot of people are desperate to shed some weight and would spare no costs to get products, professional advice and any tricks that can help them shed off the excess weight.
73. Massage Therapist: You can set up a massage therapy business and offer massage services to people who regularly need to let off stress.
74. Senior Errands Service: You can set up a clinic that caters to the needs of senior citizens who are not strong enough to do their own grocery shopping, cook their own meals or run other important errands.
75. Medical Transcription and Billing Services: Medical transcription is an important service in the health and wellness industry and you can easily do both works from home but you would need professional training and certification to be able to run such businesses.
76. Fitness Product Reviewing Service: There are a lot of fake weight loss and fitness products out there and you wouldn’t blame people who are skeptical about buying these products.
You can set up a website or blog that specializes in reviewing fitness, wellness and weight loss products so that people can know which ones are suitable for them and which ones to stay away from.
77. Anti-aging Consultant: If you know a lot of tips, tricks and products that can help reverse the aging process, you can make a lot of money from selling these ideas, tricks and techniques to other people.
78. Herbalist: You can become a herbalist who grows and sells fresh herbs for healing and health maintenance to health conscious individuals.
79. Start a Multilevel Marketing Program: You can start manufacturing your own brand of health and wellness and set up a multilevel marketing program so that you can make more sales, profit and get your business to an international level. You could also partner with a company or scientist to create your own supplement brand.
80. Go into the Manufacturing of Drugs
Another highly thriving and profitable business venture in the healthcare sector that an entrepreneur especially those who are licensed pharmacists should consider starting is to go into the manufacturing of drugs. Countries like India and China are really ‘upping’ their game when it comes to manufacturing of drugs, simply because it is aiding the growth of their economy.
So, if you are a pharmacist who is looking towards starting a business in the healthcare industry, then one of your best options is to go into the manufacturing of drugs especially if you have the capacity to raise the required start – up capital because it is a capital intensive business.
Do be reminded that this is a very capital intensive business, and as a result you have got to have all your plans in place for raising your start up. This is so that you do not falter along the path as you try to start your operation.
81. Go into the Manufacturing of Needles and Syringes
Needles and syringes are some of the stuff that doctors and nurses can hardly do without. As a matter of fact, these items are used in all hospitals on a daily basis. This goes to show that there is a pretty huge market for needles and syringes. As such, if you are interested in starting a business in the healthcare sector, a business whose products are highly needed in the healthcare industry, then one of your options is to go into the manufacturing of needles and syringes. It is a business worth starting because you are sure of raking in income on a monthly basis.
Those who are already in the trade are smiling to the banks every day; however, they also know that this type of business takes hard work and patience to attain the zenith of success.
82. Start Manufacturing Medical Equipment
Another highly profitable and thriving but capital intensive business that an entrepreneur who has plans to make it big in the healthcare industry should consider starting is to go into the manufacturing of medical equipment. Medical equipment such as ECG machines, stethoscope, dialysis machine, X-ray machines, theater equipment et al are all equipment that are highly marketable.
Thus, if you have the capacity to raise the required start – capital, then one of your best options when it comes to starting a business in the healthcare industry is to go into the manufacturing of medical equipment. There is indeed a pretty large global market for medical equipment.
83. Go into the Manufacturing and Sale of Cotton Wool
If you are interested in starting a simple business in the healthcare sector, a business that requires little start – up capital, then one of your options is to go into the manufacturing of cotton wools. There is a huge market for cotton wools simply because it is one of the items that is used daily in the hospitals just like needles and syringes.
This type of business is a highly profitable and thriving business and if you are interested in starting the business you can actually start it on a small scale. Just ensure that your cotton wools are well packaged and you will surely attract buyers or hospitals who would be interested in you supplying them.
84. Go into the Manufacturing of Eye Glasses Frames
Another thriving and highly profitable business in the healthcare industry that an entrepreneur who is interested in the industry should consider starting is to go into the manufacturing of eye glasses frames.
Although there are established brands that are into the manufacturing of eye glasses frames, but if you are interested in the industry and your glasses are durable and affordable, you will surely gain your own fair share of the available market.
Besides, the average person that goes out shopping for eye glasses frames usually pick the one that fits him or her the most as against going for a brand name.
85. Go into the Manufacturing of Wheelchairs and Crutches
Accidents are part of the inevitability in our world; hence there is need for the manufacturing of stuff that will assist sick people who can’t walk on their own or accident victims who have one form of fraction or the other.
So, if you are looking for a business to start in the healthcare industry, a business that is thriving and profitable, then one of your selections is to go into the manufacturing of wheelchairs and crutches. This type of business is lucrative especially if you are able to secure deals to supply hospitals and orthopedic hospitals et al.
86. Go into The manufacturing of Orthopedic Mattresses (Beds)
Additional thriving and profitable business that an entrepreneur who is interested in making money in the healthcare sector should consider starting, is to go into the manufacturing of orthopedic mattresses (beds).
Although, it is a capital intensive business, but the truth is that there is a huge market for orthopedic mattresses (beds). Under recommendations individuals can purchase it and orthopedic hospitals are your biggest clients if you are into the manufacturing of orthopedic mattresses (beds).
Some of the ways through which you may possibly raise funds for this business include; borrowing from the bank, asking family and close friends to raise some funds for you, savings, as well as through angel investors.
87. Start Manufacturing Drugs labeling Stickers
It is the norm for drugs to be labeled before they are dispensed, so as to enable the end user know how to self – administer the drugs.
As simple as the labeling stickers are, they help pharmacist carry out their jobs effectively. So, if you are looking towards starting a business in the healthcare sector, a business that is thriving and profitable, then one of your options is to go into the manufacturing of labeling stickers for drugs. It is a simple business that an entrepreneur who has minimal start – up capital can successfully launch.
88. Go into the Production of Herbal Medicines
In Japan, China, India and in most countries in Africa loads of people depends on herbal treatments and medications to cure diseases and sickness. As a matter of fact, there are schools where people learn herbal medicines (in some climes it is called traditional medicine).
The bottom line is that herbal medication helps in the treatment of sickness and diseases hence it falls under the healthcare industry. So, if you are looking towards starting a business in the healthcare industry, then one of your options is to go into the production of herbal medication. It is indeed a thriving and profitable business in some parts of the world especially in the African continent and in most rural communities.
89. Go into the Manufacturing of Plasters, Gauze and Bandages
Manufacturing of plasters, gauze and bandages et al is yet another thriving and profitable business in the healthcare industry that an entrepreneur who is interested in making money can successfully start.
Plasters, gauze and bandages are items that are used on a regular basis in hospitals and clinics et al. It goes to show that there is a large market for these items.
So, if you are looking towards starting a business in the healthcare sector, then one of your options is to go into the manufacturing of plasters, gauze and bandages.
90. Go into the Manufacturing of Hospital Beds and furniture
Manufacturing of hospital beds and furniture is yet another thriving and profitable business that an entrepreneur who is interested in starting a business in the healthcare sector should consider opening.
There is indeed a market for hospital beds and furniture, existing hospitals replaces damaged or old hospital beds and furniture with new ones and new hospitals also purchases new hospital beds and furniture.
So, if you are looking to start a thriving and profitable business in the healthcare industry, then one of your options is to go into the manufacturing of hospital beds and furniture.
91. Manufacturing and Sales of Essential Oils: This is a very good business especially if your products can be certified pure and natural.
There is a very large market for essential oils at the moment and you can even earn a lot of money from exporting your products to other countries.
92. Healthy Food Party Catering: Gone are the days when only unhealthy foods were served in parties. Nowadays, party throwers often make provision for the fitfam at their parties. You can make a lot of money from setting up a catering business that serves only healthy, organic meals.
93. . Healthy Meal Delivery Services: The desire to eat healthy can sometimes be defeated by unavailability challenges where healthy meals are hard to find. Most fast food and restaurants don’t sell healthy meals hence a lot of people have to settle for what they can find around.
But if you can set up a business that not only cooks healthy meals but also delivers it to people in the comfort of their homes, offices or wherever else, you would be able to solve a very important challenge and make a lot of money in the process.
94. Meal Planning Services: People spend a lot of money buying meal plans for weight loss or fitness diets. You can create such meal plans and make money from it.
95. Nutritionist: If you have the required training and certification, you can set up a business that trains people on the best types of foods to eat and what to avoid so that they can maintain a perfect health.
96. Healthy Food Restaurant: Regular restaurants mostly don’t offer calorie counting or whole food catering services. You can set up a healthy food restaurant that offers only healthy, whole food meals, and also allow their clients to know just how many calories they are consuming in every meal.
97. Juice Bar: Health-conscious individuals now prefer juice to other types of unhealthy, sugar-filled drinks. You can set up a business that makes and sell fresh, natural fruit juice.
98. Health Food Stores: You can sell organic, whole food and condiments to people who prefer to cook their own healthy meals. You can also add a restaurant on the side to sell cooked meals.
99. Specialized Chef: You can become a chef who cooks for people on special diets such as Ketogenic diets, low-calorie diets, low-fat diets and so on.
It is easier for such people to stick to their diets if they can have easy stress-free access to compliant meals. You may need to throw in food delivery services for them as well.
100. Sell Alkaline Water: Another lucrative business idea is to start your own brand of alkaline water. Alkaline water is now very popular and chosen over regular water by people who wish to reduce body acidity levels.
This list is by no means exhaustive. There are loads of niche wellness and unique health business ideas out there, and you should always pursue a business concept that you’re passionate about.
But can these health and wellness business ideas really guarantee good returns on investment? Yes, you bet that these are business types that do bring about great profit.
However, care has to be taken in really analysis the business first.
This would surely entail that you carry out some research. Do be sure that the research you will carry out will be a thorough and exhaustive one.
Why is this so, you may wonder? This is particularly so because you will need all forms of information that you can garner.
Just remember to do your research first.
Take a look at what the market is currently like, and try to spot any potential gaps.
From there, it’s time to roll up your sleeves and get to work.
When you do, we will definitely meet at the top.
Over to you, what is your favourite business idea for wellness entrepreneurship for 2018?